DATE: February 7th -10th, 2019
TOTAL COST: $1995
DEPOSIT: Pay a deposit of $995.00 per trip. Final payment due by January 1, 2019
ACTIVITY LEVEL: Moderate
SKILL LEVEL: Intermediate skiing or snowboard skills (*see definition at the bottom)
DURATION: 4 days, 3 nights
Limited to 15 Ladies
- Develop unique networking opportunities while skiing
- Build communication skills, confidence, and inner strength
- Develop tools for increased leadership effectiveness through better focus,
resilience and stress recovery
- Learn to project your leadership authority and engage more authentically
- Develop effective decision-making practices
- Enhance your emotional intelligence/resilience, empathy and general
- Develop leadership skills for your professional or personal life
- Learn how to design and create your annual calendar
Start your year off right and let Your Adventure Rx prescribe an opportunity to focus on YOU. Indulge and take some time for yourself and raise your personal and professional skills up a notch at our women-only ski retreat.
Ski sessions will focus your concentration on technique more than power. Learn to use your skis efficiently and effectively. These types of lessons provide more positive and effective learning experience for many women. We will take these slope-side lessons to the lounge for an Après strategic planning session to prep for your year ahead.
STRATEGIC LEADERSHIP SESSIONS – BRINGING THE OUTSIDE IN
Women today are stretched thin, bombarded with distractions, and faced with new challenges every day. When it comes to winning the game of productivity, whatever gets your focus and attention wins. Is your focus on the right tasks that will move your dreams and business forward? The most successful people in the world never leave it to chance. That’s why we surround themselves with others invested in their own success.
Apres activities and insights with Kiki Huls from Spark Leadership will help you plan out your year and propel your personal and professional life forward to success. After challenging yourself and gaining skills on the hill with Diana and Robin, we will head into the lodge to deepen our understanding of what we learned and integrate that into our identities. We will further challenge our idea of who we are and what we can accomplish, adding the triumphs of the day to our personal story. We’ll map out how we can apply each new insight to our personal and professional lives to empower us and drive success. Each participant will have the opportunity to dive into their unique situation surrounded by support and guided by a professional so no grain of wisdom is left un-explored.
We will use a mix of techniques, including writing exercises, story-telling and guided visualization to shed limitations and embrace our new competencies. Each participant will develop their own action plan to implement the changes they most desire in their lives. After the retreat you will have the opportunity to follow-up and be accountable to yourself for the promises and plans you made. No going home and regressing once the “retreat high” is gone! Adventures in Leadership aims to help you make lasting shifts and continue to grow beyond the retreat. If you are ready to stop making excuses, stop taking half-measures, if you’re ready to meet yourself on a new level with other awesome women, then sign up today for this life-changing experience. We’re waiting to take you on an Adventure in Leadership!
Kiki Huls is a professional business consultant based in Bozeman, Montana. After successful careers in journalism and business, she launched Spark Leadership with a desire to help people overcome frustrations, conflicts and struggles in their personal and professional lives. Inquisitive by nature, Kiki uses her skills to understand what motivates and challenges her clients in order to guide them to craft solutions, resulting in thriving businesses that employ happy people. To learn more about Kiki and Spark Leadership click here.
ABOUT BIG SKY RESORT
Welcome to Big Sky Resort where a minimum of 400 inches of powder fall on 5,800+ skiable acres and 4,350 vertical feet. Lift lines are small to non-existent. More than 2,300 acres of beginner and intermediate terrain, and 3,525 acres of advanced and expert terrain, and 300 degrees of skiing off of Lone Peak. The mountain boasts one of the most innovative lift systems in the world, with the first 8-seat, D-line lift coming to North America for winter season 2018-19, features ergonomically-shaped, heated seats and a weather-proof bubble. No matter if you are learning how to ski, or consider yourself the best skier on the mountain, Big Sky Resort promises to leave you perma-grinning and with memories to last a lifetime.
About your Adventure Leaders: Diana Proemm and Robin Conners
Day 1: Big Sky Resort, sundowners and opening
Day 2: Breakfast, Skiing, après yearly strategic planning session, dinner
Day 3: Breakfast, Skiing, après yearly strategic planning session, dinner
Day 4: Breakfast Closing, depart (skiing on your own if you wish)
What’s included in your adventure!
- All inclusive 4 day 3 night Leadership Adventure
- 2 days of skiing with instruction
- 2-day ski pass
- Breakfast on Friday, Saturday and Sunday
- Lunch on Friday, and Saturday
- Dinner on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday
- Après leadership sessions with Kiki Huls
- Double or quadruple occupancy with slopeside suite lodging at: TBD
- Ride to/from Bozeman Airport if needed
What You are responsible for:
- Lunches on Friday and Saturday
- Flight and transportation to/from Bozeman, Montana
- Personal Ski Equipment or Ski Equipment Rental
- Travel Insurance (Recommended: World Nomads)
- Gratuity for Guide Services
- Any extra gifts for yourself or others
WHAT TO BRING
A detailed list of what to bring will be emailed to you after your deposit has been
*You are an intermediate skier if:
- You have skied multiple times.
- You like to ski on green and blue runs on most mountains.
- You can link turns (begin as a small wedge and finish parallel) on blue runs and almost parallel on green runs.
- You are working on making more parallel turns on blue runs.
- Pole plants can be challenging but you are starting to get the hang of it.
- You tend to make medium size turns but are starting to work on shorter turns.